I started this blog as a personal learning discipline. Chronicling clinical experiences and reading of the literature solidifies my synapses; I tend to remember things better when I hammer out my thoughts, document my sources, and engage in amateur analysis.
Along with Dr. Jeremy Faust, I co-host a free, open access medical education Emergency Medicine core content review podcast: FOAMcast (iTunes).
- This blog is intended for healthcare professionals only. The blog does not convey medical advice for patients or treating healthcare providers. Please consult your health care professional for any medical issues.
- Views and opinions expressed herein are my own and do not represent those of institutions with whom I am affiliated.
- I try to ensure that information is accurate. Please let me know if there are any mistakes. I encourage questioning/challenging of any information I present, as I believe it helps with critical thinking and growth as a health care provider.
- Privacy: All information presented is HIPPA compliant. Cases are fictional or an amalgam of various cases, have a time delay, and have been altered to preserve the clinical gist while ensuring privacy to all involved.
- Disclosures: none.
- Legal: This blog should not be used in any legal capacity whatsoever, including but not limited to establishing “standard of care” in a legal sense or as a basis for expert witness testimony. No guarantee is given regarding the accuracy of any statements or opinions made on the blog.
Financial Disclosures: NoneGoogle